So far, I’m going ok with keeping things under control.
My house is still a mess, but better than before. Today I did manage to put in a few minutes to tidy things up a little. Here’s what I achieved:
1. I had no dirty dishes piled in the kitchen sink when I left for work in the morning and then again in the evening after my afternoon break. Yes I work weird hours. 5 Hours in the morning and then 3 hours in the evening.
2. The toilet, bathroom sink, and bathroom floor are somewhat clean!
3. There is not laundry lying on the living room couch to be put away.
4. Managed to tick away some of the to-do tasks on my work list as well.
5. Emailed google support and got a refund for a small portion of what my kids had accidentally spent. The rest of the refund requests, for the bigger amounts are still under review.
What I couldn’t manage:
1. No vaccum, sweeping, mopping or dusting done!
2. The kids watched more TV than I would have liked – as usual
3. The hubby is still grumpy and not smiling for some reason.
I think that’s not bad!
This week shouldn’t be too hard, as the kids are still on winter break and I don’t have to get up at 5:30 am for them. I wake up at 8 o’clock. Getting proper sleep makes a very big difference to my general mood, my health and to what I am able to achieve in a single day.
Next week, when school re-opens, I don’t know how will it go. But I am trying to take one day at a time.